Fun With a Mission: "Cabin Capers" Inspiring Random Acts of Kindness in Students
What is a Cabin Caper? It’s an encouraging trick where you do something special, in secret, for someone else.
Inspired by our children’s book, the Boosterthon team is challenging students to commit their own Cabin Caper at school, at home, or in their community.
How do you commit a Cabin Caper?
- Decide if you are committing one as a group or by yourself.
- Look around. Pick a target (like your teacher, another teacher, a parent, brother or sister, a neighbor, or someone at school).
- Make a fun plan to surprise them with kindness.
- Complete your plan (and be sneaky!).
- Celebrate your Cabin Caper!
Think you have a great Cabin Caper? Take a photo and win a prize.
- Take a picture of your work before you leave.
- Upload your picture to www.CabinCapers.com and join others around the country for fun monthly contests and great prizes like an iPad Mini. Just get votes to win.
Download our App or purchase our children’s book to read the story behind the name.
Still not sure what a Cabin Caper is?
From the children’s book:
A Cabin Caper is an encouraging trick,
It’s for anyone you want, so close your eyes and pick!
The goal is to surprise, make others feel special,
Wow them to the extreme; make them revel.
A good Cabin Caper puts smiles on faces,
Super cool favors in regular places.
You can leave a nice note, or clean a messy room,
Just be quiet, don’t get caught: scamper and zoom!
Sure, you can try one alone—a solo snoop,
But it’s much, much more fun snooping in a group.
Here’s to Cabin Capers, giant acts of kindness.
Evidence of friendship, kids at their finest!